Thursday, September 25, 2014

the importance of social rituals

blooded:  the centuries old ritual of the Huntsman smearing fox blood onto the faces of the newly initiated hunt followers.  

the hunt begins when hounds are cast into rough or brushy areas called coverts, where foxes often lay up during daylight hours. If the pack manages to pick up the scent of a fox, they will track it for as long as they are able. the hunt continues until either the fox evades the hounds, goes to ground or is overtaken and usually killed by the hounds.  

firearms, foxes, hounds, horses, alcohol, aristocracy.  

sorry, I'm pulling for the little fox.


side bit:  I swear this one small bottle of red liquid makeup has helped me create so much art!  seriously, you gotta get one of these.  :)



I'm so pleased to invite you to my exhibition at Axis Gallery this October.  my work will be up all month.  if you are in Seattle I'd love to see/meet you at the art walk on thursday October 2nd!


the importance of social rituals




website | commission me | facebook | twitter | flickr | S6 | G+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'd just love it if you'd "like" me..... ;)

select images of mine available through Society6