Tuesday, November 6, 2012

visiting mini stonehenge


yes, there is a mini stonehenge in washington state!!  how cool is that?
we made the long drive out to Maryhill, Washington to see the monument as well as take a road trip in my friends brand new car. :)

we stopped in Portland at Voodoo Doughnuts for some sugar fuel and were on our way.  we stopped at Multnomah Falls and a few other places I can't remember right now, probably due to the sugar.  it was a great drive and around 5 when we arrived at the monument. 

no, it's not like the original, it's only a replica but it is a great place to photograph.  the light hits it so differently due to it's shape and it's really beautiful perched up on the hill as it is. below are vineyards, snaking train tracks, and the columbia river.

we shot for about an hour maybe, just before the sun set and began our long drive home to the city.
seriously recommended if you're in the area or in for a drive~

drop me a message if you go out there, I'd love to see your photos. :)



 fun behind the scenes shot of me being a dork for my art...
photo courtesy of P. Ford


><><><><><><><><><><><><><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'd just love it if you'd "like" me..... ;)

select images of mine available through Society6